IT Audit /Consultancy
Many organizations are spending huge amounts of money on IT because they recognize the tremendous benefits that IT can bring to their operations and services. However, they need to ensure that their IT systems are reliable, secure and not vulnerable to computer attacks.
An Information Technology (IT) audit is an audit of an organization’s IT systems, management, operations and related processes. IT Audit is the process of collecting and evaluating evidence to find whether a computer system has been designed to maintain data integrity, safeguard assets, allows business goals to be achieved effectively, and uses resources efficiently.
Generally our, IT audit process is carried out as follows:
- Establish the IT audit objectives and scope.
- Develop an audit plan to achieve the IT audit objectives.
- Gather information on the relevant IT controls and evaluate them.
- Perform audit tests, using Computer-Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) such as data extraction and analysis software or test data, where appropriate.
- Report on the IT audit findings.
In performing its IT audits, the Auditor also checks for compliance with the Government policies, standards, laws and regulations on information and related technology
IT audit is important because it gives assurance that the IT systems are adequately protected, provide reliable information to users and properly managed to achieve their intended benefits.
Many users rely on IT without knowing how the computers work. A computer error could be repeated indefinitely, causing more extensive damage than a human mistake.
IT audit could also help to reduce risks of data tampering, data loss or leakage, service disruption, and poor management of IT systems. Our IT Auditing services broadly includes
- Information security
- Business continuity management
- IT risk management
- Program risk
- Software/IT asset management
- Social media risk management
- Segregation of duties/identity and access management
- Data loss prevention and privacy
Auditing for the Digital India
Let’s start success by contacting us for IT Audit / Consultancy.